Sunday, June 1, 2008

Week 6...

Well, I have nothing new to report this week except that I am getting frustrated because I am not able to get a good picture of Joel and I for our Portrait profile/picture collage thing. I have attempted to take a few pictures of the two of us, but am just getting mad because I am not able to create a great shot...it is one thing to take great pictures of other people, but as a photographer, I am so frustrated that I can't get a shot of us together...I am stubborn though, and don't really want to pay someone to do something that people pay me for. Sigh, oh well.

June 12th is our big day. We have been rearranging and trying to clean the more time consuming areas this weekend. I hope that the homestudy goes well. I have taken the day of the homestudy off as well as half of the day before...I hope that I can keep myself composed and put together for this.

But, I have a question....should I go purchase child locks and put them in our cabinets? I know that we will express that we will do that once we get a child, but should I do it in advance to prove that we are prepared?

3 comments:

Melissa said...

We didn't. That was in the questionaire...about how we planned to keep things safe, but we didn't have any on during our homestudy, and they approved us! =)

Sherydon said...

Lila, My name is Sherydon, i came across your blog as i was reading other blogs of people who have been on the same path as my husband and I through infertility. Reading your blog has brought so many emotions to the surface that i have tried to hide and ignore. You describe everything the way that i want to, but i just can't get it to come out. I also have endomitrosis. I have struggled with this trail not knowing one person how could articulate the pain and sorrow of not being able to create a baby with your eternal companion. I have been so comforted by your words. Although we are not far enough into the process to file our papers for adoption, i have been searching the last couple of days for information and insight. I feel like I have found it with your words. Thank you so much for sharing such personal thoughts and emotions. I would love to be able to chat more personally. If you would like, my emails is sherstuart@hotmail.com. Thanks again!

mrs. jar said...

Lila. Good luck with your homestudy on the 12th, I'm sure it will go just great.

We just found out today that we have been approved! Yay! We had our homestudy about 10 days ago and it isn't as scary as it sounds. Our caseworker did want us to put the child locks on our cabinets, and we were told that we had to get baby gates (for the stairs) prior to placement, but opted not to get those just yet. You may just want to ask your case worker what they would prefer. I personally think that it is kinda crazy that we have our sinks locked up when it is just the two of us, but whatever for a baby, right?

Just remember, I think you can be totally prepared physically and yet you are going to be emotionally drained by the end. We were anyway. I think I cleaned WAY more than I had to. (I mean, you could have eaten Sunday dinner off my bathroom floor, it was so clean.) I just didn't want their to be any doubt that we are ready for a baby. So don't worry, I totally understand what you going through. If you need to or want to talk more, email me at sarahjarman02@yahoo.com. Good luck and just think...one step closer to that baby!