After a major concern that we might have had to postpone our homestudy until July, we were blessed with a miracle. Let me explain:
Last Thursday Joel was notified that he had a job interview scheduled to take place on June 12th...yeah the same day as the homestudy...and the interview happens to be in Alaska. The minute I comprehended that we would not be able to do our homestudy, I began to cry and was very upset. After all, we have been waiting almost three weeks for this to happen, and our schedules are crazy the remainder of the month, so we would have had to push it back until July. Being the overly concerned person that I tend to be, I pondered what our possibilities were. After a day of thinking, I called our caseworker to reschedule.
Before when we had scheduled our homestudy, the only day that seemed to work was the 12th, however when I spoke with our caseworker on the phone he said that he could do our homestudy Wednesday morning instead. I believe that it is truly a miracle because not only do we get to take care of it before we leave for Alaska, but we both have the day off on Wednesday, so we don't have to worry about arranging that!
Now, I am not saying it is going to be easy because our have our homestudy at 8:30 and then we leave for the airport at 2:00 to catch our flight to Anchorage. I hope that i can zone enough to relax and enjoy life....
In other news: we printed the two pictures for our collage because we were not able to get a portrait picture done in time to replace the one below....they turned out okay, but the picture quality got a little skewed and the pictures are slightly blurry. I don't think it will be a big deal, after-all, we will use different profile picture if possible for our online site.
Thank you for all your support! We are finally seeing the light and are able to picture ourselves being parents sooner than ever!!!
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Isn't it just amazing how things just fall together to work out. I am so excited for you and how close you are to being approved and ready to find your sweet little baby! Good luck with the interview.
I'm so proud of you guys for going through this. Trevor and I love you and you guys are in our prayers! Please let me/us know if there is anything that we can do for you!! Love you!
I am so glad you did not have to postpone your homestudy. Now this Alaska business....might you be moving there then if the interview goes well? I was born in Anchorage and lived in a little town called Willow (about 70 miles north of Anchorage) until I was 12. I haven't been back since, but I loved growing up there. So fun. Can't wait to hear about your trip, the new job and more details about the adoption adventures...
Post a Comment