Well, the good news is that we might be in the "pool" sooner than expected...we met with our caseworker today, and things are well on there way! We tackled the fingerprinting, got our physicals, and have almost everything done (As far as paperwork goes). We will meet again with our casework on May 22nd, at which point we will have our questionnaires complete...which will only leave the following to have done for the following visit, which will be the homestudy:
Letter to the Birthmother
Portrait & collage of us
That isn't too shabby! I am surprised how quickly things are going. I am very excited. It has been interesting going through this process because I have learned a lot about myself. I know that I will love whatever child, no matter the ethnic or cultural, background they come from. Joel and I joke around saying that we will have to adopt twins (which would be AMAZING!!!) so that we wont fight over holding, feeding, and tending to our baby...with twins, the love will doubled, and most importantly, we will both always have our arms full! Wouldn't that be the coolest thing?? YES IT WOULD!!
Letter to the Birthmother
Portrait & collage of us
That isn't too shabby! I am surprised how quickly things are going. I am very excited. It has been interesting going through this process because I have learned a lot about myself. I know that I will love whatever child, no matter the ethnic or cultural, background they come from. Joel and I joke around saying that we will have to adopt twins (which would be AMAZING!!!) so that we wont fight over holding, feeding, and tending to our baby...with twins, the love will doubled, and most importantly, we will both always have our arms full! Wouldn't that be the coolest thing?? YES IT WOULD!!
7 comments:
Hey Guys! It has been so fun to read about your journey and to almost get a heads up for the months ahead. We completed the initial one page form and the bishop hopefully has too. I am hoping to call tomorrow and have everything there, but that is a long shot. When those two things arrive, we will meet with a caseworker for the first time. But for now we are getting ready to leave. Today, packing. Tomorrow, cleaning. Saturday yardwork. Sunday, LEAVE!!!! I am glad everything is flying along so smoothly....
Hope all keeps going well.
Be happy,
Wendy and Matt
I am so sorry that it has taken me so long to get back with you. I am not so great at keeping up on my blogging. I am happy that you found my blog and that we can be friends through this process. I wish you and your cute hubby all the best in your adoption journey and want to say that I commend you for your speediness in getting all your stuff done. My husband and I have been at it for over a year and still haven't turned in our stuff yet. The good news is, it will be turned in this time next week!! Hooray! We have had probably 85% done for over a year and that last 15% has been really hard on us. The collage basically. We have even had our birthparent letter done. That was kinda intimidating at first to write, but when we sat down to do it, the words just came. It was really neat. I wish you luck in your conquest for a good doctor too! I was blessed to get some answers finally, but with those answers it opened up a whole new chapter. Now my doctor is less concerned with me know that we are not willing to do anymore fertility treatments and are looking forward to adoption. I think he kinda gave up on me because I gave up on the whole pregnancy thing. It was kinda disappointing that he wasn't more supportive, but oh well! I am excited to have this great blessing of adoption in my life. I have found a lot of friends who are or have been in our situation and the support is great! I hope that we can stay in touch. By the way, where are you guys located? It sounds like you have a great caseworker! ANyway, kudos on all the work you have been so aggressively doing! You have helped me in my act together.
Sarah
Very exciting. Looks like it could be soon!! I wouldn't mind twins either, mainly because everything's been such a long drawn-out process that at least I'd get two out of the way instead of one. And Paul and I always say that no matter when we have children, hopefully we will be so grateful by then that we will be more patient & more willing than ever before!
Lila,
I cannot wait to hear the joyous news that you've been granted the gift of a child (or children). There isn't anyone I can think of as being more deserving of the honor and privilege of experiencing motherhood. You will be the greatest mother; and Joel, the greatest father. We have you and Joel in our prayers constantly that it will happen in the Lord's time (which I hope is soon). Thanks for keeping us updated on your journey.
That's awesome that things are moving along so quickly for the both of you! How exciting!
I hope everything happens quick with finding the right birthmother as well.
A.C.
This is so exciting! I remember doing all of this just over a year ago and how excited and relieved we were to finally be waiting for our sweet baby! Yay its almost your turn!
How exciting for things to be coming along so fast for you. With Foster Care (since we aren't yet read to give $1000 to LDS family services) I get each packet of paperwork done as quick as possible. I'm trying to push things along as fast as I can. I know I'll be the same way when we sign on with LDS family services.
You sound like you're really pushing things along as well.
A.C.
Post a Comment