Sunday, April 27, 2008

Week Two

I have no idea where the week went...before I knew it, it was Sunday, crazy! Week two, for me, was the start of a hard process. I have been trying to focus on the 43 question questionnaire. After spending all my free time on it for two days, I am only at question 12 (skipping a few inbetween)...I have been trying to get Joel to focus on it because I feel that this is the hardest part of the paperwork, so hopefully someday soon he will. We meet with our casework again May 8th, we need to have our fingerprinting and background check stuff done and ready to be turned in by then.....(that is our goal anyway). If we can stick to the plan, the only things we will have left to work on would be our photo profiles and letter to the birth mother, wouldn't that be great!

My birthday is on Mother's Day this year, and I hope it is the last mother's day I have to go through without a child. I get very sad on mother's day because that is something I have always dreamed to be called. Hopefully my birthday isn't a bust this year.....


4 comments:

Unknown said...

just a tip--don't take too long on your questions. only your caseworker reads it. when i was filling them out, i thought it was for the birthparents, but it's just for your caseworker.

if i had known that, i wouldn't have taken me so long. my document was like 36 pages or something. i practically wrote my memoirs.

we are going to start doing this is weekend, so i will be looking to YOU for support!

Janese said...

Lila,
I know exactly how you feel about Mother's Day. I think that was the hardest for me, but I was always told that I was still a mom even though I didn't have children yet. I was an aunt, I worked at a daycare and I loved those children like they were my own! I was an example to them when their mother's were not around. So that helped me a lot! I just gave them my love!! Anyways, I hope all goes well with the paper work and that it moves quickly for you. I'm excited for you both.

Amanda said...

We get to go have our background check for Foster Care today, yay!

It is incredible what we go through for children. I guess the alternative is pushing out a child and never having our bladders and other organs the same again.

Paperwork is daunting. Classes and conferences are daunting. Home studies, interviews... I almost wouldn't mind the pain and swollen ankles. But this is God's will.

We've just started and we have a whole lot in store for us. Adoption agencies to check out. Take further steps with LDS Family Services when we have our ducks (or should I say dollars?) in a row.

So much to do.

I hope your husband gets focussed and I wish you luck with everything!

A.C.

Anna said...

Good luck guys, and I hope you have a happy birthday, Lila. I'm not a huge fan of mother's day either for all of the same reasons; it always turns out to be an emotional day for me. Especially church where they have all the mothers stand up and they give them a plant or something. I usually get one anyway so as not to be the odd one out. Anyway, that's very exciting that the adoption process is rolling along for you!